We have a purpose for everything we do here at Ascend and it all revolves around these 5 values from Acts 2:42-47…
- The Word of God – as the standard of truth for life and ministry. We believe that the Word of God is without error and is full of truth. Because it is God’s love letter to us we hold it as the highest standard by which we can worship our Lord.
- The Power of Prayer – as the catalyst for change in our lives, church, and community. We believe that we can accomplish nothing apart from prayer. We do not rely on ourselves, but on an almighty God and thus we make our petitions and praises known to Him.
- The Exercise of Worship – as an expression of our dependence and devotion to God. We believe our whole lives are an expression of worship to God but in a more general sense we love expressing our admiration and awe of who God is by singing praises to Him, praying corporately to Him, and by engaging in other creative forms like drama and testimonies.
- The Importance of Small Groups – as a means of deepening our relationship with Christ and others. We believe that the Christian life is meant to be lived with others. As students, we face all kinds of worldly pressure. Who better to face the day with than your brothers and sisters in Christ?
- The Gift of Service – as a reflection of God’s mercy extended to us. We believe we should serve until we can’t serve any more. Jesus came to serve and so must we. We believe that a lost and dying world around us will not come to Christ except by both the conviction of God’s word and the love of God’s people.
SIGN UP FOR MISSION CAMP 2017 – Click the pic below!
Questions? Please contact Luke Bilberry, Family & Student Ministry Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org